Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Turquoise + Glitter Manicure


I've chosen a favorite glitter nail polish: hors d'oeuvres by Essie. It combines tiny specks of gold and silver glitter with larger silver glitter. I love it! For this manicure I decided to use it with turquoise and caicos (also by Essie) to create a half-moon manicure. 


I started off with 3 coats of turquoise and caicos polish and let it dry completely (I actually allowed it to dry overnight). Then I used reinforcement labels (as shown above) to create the half-moon shape and painted on the glitter polish. I allowed it to dry before carefully peeling off the labels. I started by lifting up the part of the label on my skin and then slowly pulling it up piece by piece, otherwise you risk ripping off the nail polish with the label. After that I touched up the glitter polish a bit and added some where it was needed to complete the half-moon shape.







No comments:

Post a Comment