Friday, September 26, 2014

The End of the High Line


The final section of the High Line is complete! I went by earlier this week just before sunset to check it out...


I have to say that I don't think this is the most scenic part of the High Line, since the area is being developed and there is a lot of construction going on. However, it is cool to see the train yard and it does provide a look at a different side of Manhattan, since the area has less tall buildings and more open space. (Although, it won't be that way for long)



If cranes are your thing, this is the place for you!


I really liked the extra little details they added in this part of the park to pay homage to the High Lines roots as a former railroad track. 


  The plants and flowers were, of course, beautiful.


 I really loved this bench which curves around the path and a nearby building.


If you decide to visit, I would definitely recommend going in the early evening because, it is a nice place to watch the sun set over the Hudson. The light also makes for great photos at that time of day!

No comments:

Post a Comment