Friday, November 29, 2013

Post-Thanksgiving Turkey Sandwich Competition


A new Thanksgiving tradition in my family is the Thanksgiving turkey sandwich competition. After our Thanksgiving meal, we all make a sandwich with the leftover turkey, then we vote on which one was the best. My brother came up with the idea last year, but this is my first year participating because I was in Ireland. Everyone came up with really great, creative ideas! So without further adieu, here are this year's sandwiches....







 Ryan's fried turkey breakfast biscuit


Megan's pesto and cranberry turkey sandwich


Tom's cream cheese turkey sandwich on raisin bread



My pulled turkey barbecue sandwich with pineapple coleslaw (this year's winner!)


Jake's turkey sandwich with almond and avocado spread on ciabatta bread (He also suffered a thumb injury during the competition. Sympathy points!)


....Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

P.S. Recipes can be found here.


No comments:

Post a Comment