Monday, June 16, 2014

Charlotte Eats: Amelie's Bakery



Amelie's French Bakery is not to be missed when visiting Charlotte, NC. The original location in NoDa is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! They offer an array of sandwiches, pastries, and desserts, all at reasonable prices. Frankly, I wanted to try everything on display. 


I loved the eclectic décor- it was a mix of floral curtains, chandeliers, gallery walls, and 
mosaic tables.


There were several rooms, plus an outdoor area to dine in.


 Since we were there around lunchtime, I started off with a turkey and brie sandwich (with raspberry jam!) It was delicious, but the real star of the show was...


 ...The desserts!


I wanted to order everything!





We ended up going with this mixed berry tart (above), and it was honestly the best tart I've ever had. It was the perfect combination of moist on the inside, crisp around the edges, and refreshingly fruity.


We also couldn't resist getting a few French macarons to-go. The intention was to eat them at home, but they were gone before we even pulled out of the parking lot. They were the best macarons I've had outside of France!


No comments:

Post a Comment