Wednesday, June 18, 2014

World Cup 2014

Photo taken in Guatemala in 2010....World Cup 2026, here they come!
Have you been keeping up with the World Cup this year? I think I've been watching it more than I have any other year. I always wonder why soccer is so popular in almost every other country around the world, but it hasn't really caught on in America. The Pew Research Center even found that more Americans consider it boring than find it exciting. I think it's one of those sports where it often takes longer for something major to happen, but when it does the payoff is greater than many other sports. There are so many amazing goals! I mean look at this. Maybe the problem is Americans are too impatient, so they feel like the payoff isn't worth it? I definitely think it is!

A few World Cup links to check out...

Guide to looking like you know what you're talking about.

Fans watching Brazil's first goal.

Teams celebrating goals. So much happiness!

A clever move by Pirlo before Italy's first goal.



No comments:

Post a Comment