Monday, July 21, 2014

Fire Island



Last week we took a day trip to Ocean Beach on Fire Island and it was beautiful! It was my first time on Fire Island and I already want to go back. The downside: The water was freezing! I'm used to North Carolina water. After my body went numb though, it was fine!


For those not familiar with Fire Island, it's an island off the coast of Long Island, filled with cute little beach towns. No cars are allowed so you have to take a ferry to get to it. ($17 round-trip) 


The walk to the beach from the ferry was so pretty- lined with trees and beach houses.


If you stay overnight, it's likely the hotel or house will have a wagon and a bikes to use for transporting you're stuff to and from the beach. 


The beach looks packed in this photo, but it didn't feel overwhelmingly crowded.


I don't think this accurately represents how huge the waves were. It was actually a little bit scary! I was getting knocked around by them. Luckily, the lifeguards on duty were standing in the water, which made it feel much safer. 







I'm not sure where the random suitcase came from, just focus on the adorable beach shops.


I loved all the bikes! Especially this one, with a little chair on the front. 




On the ferry ride back we passed by so many gorgeous homes! I loved this one!


No comments:

Post a Comment