Friday, January 2, 2015

Life Goals


I can't believe it's 2015! All I want to do right now is get my hands on a copy of Back to the Future: Part II

New Year's resolution season can feel a lot like this but it doesn't have to! I feel like we all put so much pressure on ourselves when the new year begins. Resolutions can be fun but they can also be extremely stressful and sometimes you end up feeling like a failure if you can't live up to unrealistic expectations. In the past I've come up with very specific resolutions relating to everything from diet and exercise to reading to blogging. This year though, I decided it would be nice to be a bit more relaxed with my resolutions. They're more like general life goals, and that somehow makes them feel much more doable. I like the idea of coming up with a few little things that I can remind myself to try to do each day like...

1. Make time for relaxing.
2. Make time to work on things that are important to you. (Things that you want to do rather than things you need to do)
3. Keep track of everything in a planner. (I haven't done this in a few years, it's much needed and I think it will reduce my stress level a lot!)
4. Do things outside your comfort zone.
5. Save up a little bit of money each month for something fun (like a vacation! It's always nice to have something to look forward to)

What are your goals or resolutions for the new year? My advice: Go easy on yourself. Set goals that will improve your life but are also attainable. Just do the best you can each day because your happiness is what really matters!

No comments:

Post a Comment